MERGERS & ACQUISITIONS
- Advice to Trustees for U.K. limited company in sale
of manufacturing business to U.S. corporation subject
to right of first refusal agreement.
- Advice to publicly traded high-technology company
with regard to valuation of prospective acquisition
- Advice to a wide range of manufacturing, distribution
and service businesses with regard to valuation ranges
likely to be achievable in company sales and to valuation
issues throughout transaction negotiations.
ESTATE & GIFT TAX VALUATIONS AND ESTATE PLANNING SUPPORT
- Fair market value appraisals for the gifting of
stock to family members, Death and alternative valuation
date appraisals for estate tax purposes.
- Summary valuation analysis and management assessment
for use in estate and succession plan.
- Fairness of common stock considerations in mergers.
- Fairness of asset purchase considerations in sales
REPRESENTATIVE VALUATION ENGAGEMENTS
- Buy-Sell Agreements: Valuation analysis for establishment
of buy-sell for development of incentive plan for
non-owner management retention and value enhancement.
- ESOP Valuations: Annually updated appraisals of
ESOP shareholdings in industry-specific software development
company for IRS and DOL reporting requirements and
- Shareholder Disputes: Valuation analysis for resolution
of dispute between shareholders of service business.
WITNESS & LITIGATION SUPPORT
- Assessment of damages and expert witness testimony
in disputes between franchisor-franchisee in petroleum
marketing and transportation industries and lessor-lessee
in consumer retailing.
- Valuation of minority share interest in furniture
manufacturing company and expert witness testimony
in litigation regarding redemption transaction and
subsequent initial public offering. Litigation
support analysis and expert witness testimony in domestic
relations disputes involving shareholdings in companies
in a wide range of industries.
- Expert witness testimony admitted in Federal District
and Massachusetts Courts.